In Alero Idowu of Channels TV's voice; "There seems to be a raised-fee wind blowing across Nigeria universities right now. The latest one being the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife...", the Pre-Degree programme of the foremost varsity is also not left out in the wind erosion as the school fees has assumed a more expensive state.
Just immediately after the release of the results of the entrance examination of the aspirants for the 2014/2015 Predegree programme, the cut-off marks for various Subject Combinations were disclosed which obviously pointed to the fact that the performance this year was very poor(See the cut-off marks here). Those who are within the 'grace zone' have been told to start paying for the Programme and to the surprise of many, there was a substantial increment in the total fees. The school fees that has been stable for the past two sessions showed an increment from N162,500 to N212,500. These admitted students have less than two weeks to get the payment made in full else any student who is unable to get that amount may forfeit his/her admission.
- "like seriously. she we no fit price am nii"
- "I knew dere was more 2 d devilish edifice dat was bn put up by ####### and his 'boys'......dis can b likened to professional extortion"
- "OAU main campus fees has nothing to do with OAU cdl fees. I'm sure the hostel is very ok. Atleast you can be sure of WATER and ELECTRICITY, unlike those in the hostels outside the sch. Eventhough the school fees is much, I'm sure you you guys will enjoy it especially those inside the school"
- "OAU u guys av really tried oo,, only God knws if d set for nxt decades wont pay upto 1 million naira for the programme"
- "CDL wants to chop money,serious instuitions now do wat they like,It will amaze you some students will forfeit this pd admission,How can an average parent raise over 200k within 2weeks"
Students that meet up with the set cut-off mark of their Subject Combination have since been told to login to their account on the OAU CDL website(www.oaucdl.edu.ng) to download their admission letter and other registration packages.
Resumption for the 2014/2015 session has however been set for Tuesday 18th November, 2014 when the Screening/Registration of students commences.