The rift between the Students Uniion President, Ibikunle Isaac Motunrayo and the Vice President of the Students Union, Funmilola Oladejo a.k.a Olori may have ended following the intervention of the national chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU).
ASUU waded into the crisis and effected a meeting between the two major parties involved and they both tendered their grievances. After a whole lot of discussion, a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) was signed by Ibikunle and Olori. Below were the resolutions jointly agreed to by them:
- Immediate ceasefire on physical assault and media attack was reached by all present.
- The process for the reinstatement of all suspended students should begin immediately.
- All detained students and others should be released with an undertaking that nothing must happen to the opposition within and outside OAU campus.
- A student congress should be called by the Union leadership between the first and second week of second semester (Rain semester), and under the observation of ASUU representatives and periodic congress should be held henceforth.
- The stakeholders were agreed on the need to strengthen the EXCO as a TEAM rather than distract the process of peace and safety with impeachment moves.
- The paraded students should be given psychological therapy.
- Everyone should work for the progress and interest of the Union.
- ASUU will take care of the bills of the hospitalized students.