The Campus Connect Initiative (CCI), Obafemi Awolowo University branch has late last week demanded that the congress-reinstated Secretary General of Great Ife Students’ Union, Oketooto Oluwaseun a.k.a Hon. Seun should vacate seat in line with the Tribunal declaration.
In a press conference organized by the Initiative, the leaders argued that the Tribunal maintaining its fairness having been persuaded by evidence presented before it gave a magnanimous decision sacking the 'elected' Secretary General from acting as the Secretary General of the Union for Electoral Fraud and lack of the required 2.5 CGPA and as such, the decision should be respected.
The SU President in person of Omotayo Akande a.k.a TY was also berated for not respecting a judicial order but rather resolving to use a congress to pervert the decision of the Tribunal in favour of Hon. Seun.
“In order to pervert Justice, the President in the person of Omotayo Akande called a Congress of Great Ife students’, a body as provided in the Constitution of the Union and provided with Legislative Power in tandem with the Students representative Council under Section 6 to do a broad day rape of Justice by taking 10 resolutions from his co-preventers of Justice in a Campus which comprises of nothing less than 30 thousand bonafide Students. How can 10 students' speak for majority? Why didn't he ask students to Vote as the power of Voting is more accommodating?”
• Seun Oketooto should vacate the office of the Secretary General of our dear Union because he has been declared ineligible by the Tribunal on charges of Electoral Fraud and lack of the required CGPA of 2.5.
• ASUU, Alumni bodies who have been playing advisory role to the Union should intervene.
• The Management, Students, Press and the Public must NEVER recognize Seun Oketooto as the Secretary General of OAU Students' Union.
• All correspondence signed by Seun Oketooto should be disregarded.
• Seun Oketooto must face charges of fraudulent Misrepresentation, false pretence and Perjury.
Present at the meeting are popular campus leaders including Seun Fakorede (Phakoo), Awotiwon Ibiyemi Joseph (Ibiyemi), Comrade Fakiyesi Samuel, Ayo Toluwalase Shedrack (AY-Toes), Ojo Bright I. (Hon. Bright), SI Unit and others.
The Campus Connect Initiative (CCI) made a wave on campus during the 2015 General Election campaign period as they tried unsuccessfully to bring the Nigerian Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo to OAU campus.