Maiden NABOS OAU Essay Competition
Maiden National Association of Botany Students OAU Essay Competition The Golden Service Team (N...
Maiden National Association of Botany Students OAU Essay CompetitionThe Golden Service Team (NABOS OAU 2014/2015 Executives) wishes to announce the beginning of entry submission for the maiden National Association of Botany Students Essay Competition for Botany Students (Obafemi Awolowo University alone for this edition).
As students of nature and environment, we are appalled by the current rate at which lives on our sole planet are been endangered and abused especially our plants. Several factors are obviously responsible for this and hence, the need to identify them. Even as learners and young minds with very limited resources, we find it exigent and urgent to join the rescue mission by embarking on cost-effective, feasible and ameliorating project(s) as it will be recommended by our students in order to save the planet and its inhabitants.
1. The contest is open to undergraduate students of the Department of Botany (Obafemi Awolowo University only).
2. Entrant may only submit ONE essay entry.
1. Essays must be the sole and original work of the entrant and not previously published.
2. Essays must be between 700 and 1500 words long. Every word of the essay will be counted.
3. Essays must be formatted to Font size 12, 1.5 spacing and should be in Times New Roman.
4. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in disqualification.
Our disappearing Green: curbing the menace (Nigeria as a case study)
1. Identify and give an assessment of the problem.
2. Describe a practical, feasible, and cost-effective solution or set of solutions for improvement.
Entries must be submitted on or before 11:59pm January 10, 2016. All entries should be forwarded to email@example.com. Attached to the entry should include:
a) Full name
c) Matric number
d) Department & Name of institution
1. Judging will be done anonymously by reputable professional individuals.
* Subject (adherence to topic, originality, feasibility) - 45 points
* Organization and Style (phrasing and continuity) - 20 points
* Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling - 20 points
* Adherence to Word Limit - 10 points (1 point will be deducted for every word outside the specified word range – entries that exceed this amount will be immediately disqualified)
* Use of Register Words - 5 points
1. First-place Winner – Free Departmental Jersey + Package + Essay published on OAU's biggest online Magazine (www.oaupeeps.com) + Certification
2. Second-place Winner – Free Departmental Jersey + Package + Certification
3. Third-place Winner – Free Departmental Jersey + Certification
4. Fourth-place Winner – Package + Certification
NB: All participants will be issued Certificate of Participation.
Winners will be announced during the NABOS Week (February 2016).