DSA Releases Registration/Renewal Requirements For Campus Associations
The Division of Students Affairs has released the list of requirements for registration/renewal of associations/clubs/societies/fellowships...
The Division of Students Affairs has released the list of requirements for registration/renewal of associations/clubs/societies/fellowships on campus.
The official release;
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILEIFE, NIGERIA.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION/RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION OF CLUBS/SOCIETIES ASSOCIATIONS/ FELLOWSHIP GROUPS 2015/2016 SESSION
1) Typewritten application to be addressed to the Dean, Division of Students Affairs preferably on Letter headed paper of the association.
2) A copy of the constitution of the Association/bye laws including the objectives of the society relevant to its operation on campus is to be attached (CLEAN COPY PLEASE).
(3) List of executive members, typed separately, indicating their NAMES, DEPARTMENTS, FACULTIES, REG NUMBERS, PARTS, POSITION HELD, SEX AND RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS ON CAMPUS OR OFF CAMPUS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS are also to e forwarded. The list must take cognizance of spread amongst years of study. This is to allow for continuity and sustainability.
(4) List of membership i.e all members of the association (indicating their NAMES, DEPARTMENTS, FACULTIES, REG NUMBERS, PARTS, POSITION HELD, SEX AND RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS ON CAMPUS OR OFF CAMPUS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS.
(5) Letters (NOT on Association letter-headed paper) from TWO Senior Staff Adviser including their Phone No. & email address, duly signed, indicating their willingness to serve (OR) to continue to serve in the caseof renewal of registration at the beginning of each section. The Staff advisers should be responsible for the conduct of members of the club/societies for the appropriate session.
(6) A photocopy of the last letter of Renewal with the Division of Students’ Affairs should be attached
(7) Registration/Renewal of Faculty/Department Association shall be subject to recommendation from the Dean of Faculty/Head of Department as appropriate. Similar, Religious Association shall be subject to recommendation from the appropriate Religious Body on Campus or within the Country.
(8) Any Club/Societies/Associations/Fellowships Group that pastes its poster in unauthorized places other than Notice boards will have itself to blame as it stands the risk of forfeiting its chance for registration/renewal.
(9) It should be noted that application for renewal of registration of Clubs/Societies/Associations/Fellowship Groups at the beginning of every session should be accompanied with Audited Account, indicating income expenditure and balance, duly signed by TWO members of the executive including Treasurer/Financial Secretary and approved by the chairman, Audit Commitee of the Association with Date. The Audit Report MUST be counter signed by the advisers and/or Head of Departments.
(10) A copy of the minutes of meeting where the decision was taken to audit the Association’s account passed as correct auditing should be attached to the application.
(11) Please be informed that a notice of at least; One Month be given for any programme that will bring outsiders into the University, and permission would be withheld from any Club/Society/Association/Fellowships that fails to meet this condition. Also copy of the letter of acceptance from the person invited for your programme should be attached with your application to hold a programme.