OAU Reverses Stance, Admits Using A 50-50 Screening Model
This is to inform all OAU Aspirant that the model for their screening Exercise has been changed fr...
This is to inform all OAU Aspirant that the model for their screening Exercise has been changed from a UTME/O'Level ratio of 70:30 to a 50:50 ratio.
How to Calculate Screening Result
1. Both the UTME score and your O'level results' grades are
computed to assess you.
2. For the screening, UTME result weighs 50% of your total
score and the remaining 50% from your O'level results.
3. Your best 8 subjects are computed; With A1 = 8, B2 =
7, B3 = 6, C4 = 5, C5 = 4, C6 = 3, and so on.
4. Maximum points from your best 8 O'level subjects is 64
( A1 = 8 X 8 subjects).
5. Your O'level points is then converted to 50% (Assuming
y is your O'level points, then, it will now be calculated
thus: y/64 X 50).
6. For your UTME points, it will be calculated thus: Your
UTME score/400 X 50.
7. Your final merged score, which will be used for
admission now = UTME points (maximum of 50) + O' level
points (maximum of 50) = 100.
With this change, cut off marks earlier released by some faculties may be changed.
All Aspirants are however advised to reprint their screening result slip from University website (eportal.oauife.edu.ng] as fast as possible.