OAU Reverses Stance, Admits Using A 50-50 Screening Model
This is to inform all OAU Aspirant that the model for their screening Exercise has been changed from a UTME/O'Level ratio of 70:30 to ...
This is to inform all OAU Aspirant that the model for their screening Exercise has been changed from a UTME/O'Level ratio of 70:30 to a 50:50 ratio.
How to Calculate Screening Result
1. Both the UTME score and your O'level results' grades are
computed to assess you.
2. For the screening, UTME result weighs 50% of your total
score and the remaining 50% from your O'level results.
3. Your best 8 subjects are computed; With A1 = 8, B2 =
7, B3 = 6, C4 = 5, C5 = 4, C6 = 3, and so on.
4. Maximum points from your best 8 O'level subjects is 64
( A1 = 8 X 8 subjects).
5. Your O'level points is then converted to 50% (Assuming
y is your O'level points, then, it will now be calculated
thus: y/64 X 50).
6. For your UTME points, it will be calculated thus: Your
UTME score/400 X 50.
7. Your final merged score, which will be used for
admission now = UTME points (maximum of 50) + O' level
points (maximum of 50) = 100.
With this change, cut off marks earlier released by some faculties may be changed.
All Aspirants are however advised to reprint their screening result slip from University website (eportal.oauife.edu.ng] as fast as possible.