OAU: Governing Council Commences Application For Vice-Chancellor Position, Read Requirements
The Governing Council of the Obafemi Awolowo University, through the Registrar has officially advertised that candidates aspiring for ...
The Governing Council of the Obafemi Awolowo University, through the Registrar has officially advertised that candidates aspiring for the post of Vice-Chancellor of the University commence application. This is coming after the extension of the tenure of the acting Vice-Chancellor. Professor Anthony Elujoba, who was selected by the majority to handle the helm of affairs of the Universtiy following the crises that rocked the University upon the last selection.
In the advert, the requirements to be fulfilled by the aspirants are listed, find full details of the requirements below;
The person for the post of Vice-Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, is required to possess a good University education of a recognized University and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
· be 50 years old and above, but not older than 65 years by June, 2017;
· be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than ten (10) years experience on that rank, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University Community;
· be able to command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his/her track records;
· possess a clear vision for the development of the University and the realization of its mission as expressed in its strategic plan which theme is ‘Harnessing Technology for Academic Excellence’;
· demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to strengthen the bridges between staff, students, other members of the University community and the University’s stake holders;
· exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract much needed funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
· enjoy excellent physical and mental health; and
· have demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local and international governmental and non-governmental agencies.
More details on the application procedure can be found HERE