Entries are invited for the First Professor Babatunde Osotimehin Annual Essay Competition (PBOC).
Essay Topics: Participants are to select 1 of the 4 topics to write on:
1. Alert or Alarm: Nigeria’s Population Projection and Meeting Family Planning Needs.
2. New Solutions to a Recurrent Pain Point; Protecting the SRH of Adolescents and Young People in Nigeria.
3. If Comprehensive Sexuality Education is the Solution, What are the Real Problems and What are the Drivers?
4. Expanding Sexual and Reproductive Rights Options for Women, Retaining Choices, Remaining within the Boundary of the Law; without Agitating Culture.
Guideline for Essay Entries:
1. Essays must be independent and original;
2. Entries should be between 2500 to 3000 words (references excluded);
3. Essays must be written and typed in English using Arial font type, size 12 with single line spacing;
3. All plagiarized essays will be disqualified;
4. All resource materials used should be referenced using A.P.A style;
5. Participation is open only to citizens between ages 15 and 30 that are resident in Nigeria;
6. Only one entry is permitted per person;
7. All entries must be original and hitherto unpublished. The copyright for all entries will be transferred to the organizers;
8. Participants deem it fit for the organizers to use their details and entries for promotional purposes;
9. All entries must be submitted on or before June 11, 2018;
10. Please note that entries that do not match the above specifics will be automatically disqualified.
The essay competition seeks to enrich conversation and research on the continual and untiring quest for brilliant solutions as a means to drive the much desired demographic dividends.
Top 10 essay entries from the competition will be compiled into an anthology and launched during the award ceremony to be held during the First Professor Babatunde Osotimehin Annual lecture scheduled for June 26, 2018.
Entries closes on June 11, 2018
If eligible and interested, kindly click here to participate.