By Moyinoluwa Babalola
Our long awaited dry season is here and it is funny how we want it to go away so quickly given that we were also already tired of the cold weather.
Be it as it is, we need to be prepared.
How best do we dress this season and still look our best?
1. Go for clothings made of cotton, linen or jersey . These fabrics will not constrain your body or cause you to sweat in the heat.
2. Avoid clothings made of polyester, nylon or silk.They will definately make you sweat and hot.
3. Stick to light colored fabrics. This is just perfect for the weather, totally avoid black clothes as they make one very hot.
4. Go for looser cuts and styles. Avoid clothes that are too fitted and tight rather clothes that are loose and comfy e.g clothes with A-line cut.
5. Opt for shorts or skirts over pants. Pants cover your whole legs and will harbour heat but shorts or skirts allow for fresh air on the legs.
6. Wear short sleeve ot sleeveless tops. I can't imagine a long sleeved shirt or top during hot weather, it is a bad choice. Rather go for tops with short sleeves or no sleeves at all.
7. Do not layer your clothings. This simply means not having many clothes on. A sleeveless top with a jacket is too many layers.
8. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunburn.
9. Wear a face cap
10. Choose comfortable, breathless shoes and not tight shoes. This allows for fresh air and prevents feet swelling and smelly feet.