While there is still no news on the resumption, the security department is determined to keep the school safe.
OAU security department have added measures to keep the campus COVID-19 free.
As at 12th of May, 2020, these orders have been effective;
1. All persons shall be required to wear face masks before they can be permitted to enter the University campus. Please note that this is compulsory
2. The number of persons in a car must NOT exceed four(4),the driver inclusive.
3. All team sports (football, basket-ball etc.) are hereby prohibited within the University estate until there is a decline on the growing cases of Covid- 19.
4. No commercial vehicles is allowed into the campus until full resumption of activities on campus.
5. OAU staff resident on the University campus shall be expected to receive their visitors at the Campus Main Gate as no Visitor shall be allowed to enter the campus
6. Fellowship, meetings and all forms of ceremonies that attract crowds are prohibited in line with the federal government directive.
7. All categories of staff that are authorized to be at the offices are advised to always be in possession of hand sanitizers. Please note that social distance must be observed.
8. No Students is permitted to be on the Campus premises except if fully resident in the University Staff Quarters.
9. Members of staff are encouraged to be very security conscious during this period as a few unscrupulous elements have been apprehended while trying to break into offices or attempting to cart away University equipment at the academic area. All of these culprits have been handed over to the Police
10. The University community is strongly advised to cooperate with security operatives in enforcing access control at the university gates and other places on campus.
11. Please call any of the underlisted phone numbers for clarifications or if you have
useful security information.
Please stay safe.